What is Port City Young Professionals?
Founded in 2009, Port City Young Professionals, LLC (PCYP) is a network of young professionals designed to engage and introduce young professionals to Greater Wilmington’s vast resources and opportunities. The goal of the PCYP is to ultimately help its members get involved in the local business scene, to impact the current and future marketplace, and better our community through non-profit partnerships.
PCYP gives young professionals the opportunity to:
- Meet regional business leaders and political figures of today and tomorrow.
- Interact with young professionals throughout the Cape Fear area in a casual atmosphere
- Improve networking skills, expand contact base and advance careers in order to promote their business and themselves.
- Learn about non-profit board openings, volunteer opportunities, and events
- Experience the region’s rich cultural offerings.
PCYP organizes monthly networking social nights on the third Wednesday of each month at local businesses. Interested in being a host or sponsor of one of these networking nights? Click here.
What are the perks of becoming an “Official Member” of PCYP?
When you join as an official member for $35, you receive all of the below benefits:
- Free or Discounted Admission to “Members Only” events such as Speed Networking and Thirsty Thursday at the Wilmington Sharks
- Free Admission to PCYP Members Only Christmas Party
- Entry into “members only” raffle at monthly events
- New member welcome in monthly emails to 2,000+ subscribers
- The opportunity to submit professional “Achievements and Accolades” for publicity on PCYP’s social media channels and blog reaching 10,000++
- 10% discount on all member orders and 20% off all standard business card orders to AlphaGraphics Wilmington
- $200 full head of extensions (1 per person) to Hair & Makeup by Tyler Ken
- $50 Gift Certificate to indigosilver studio
- 20% Off massage & facials at Coastal Massage & Spa (excludes HydraFacial)
- 20% Off Seagrass Meeting Room at Homewood Suites – Mayfaire
- $10 off Junk Removal & $20 Full Moving Service from College H.U.N.K.S. Hauling Junk & Moving – Leland
- $25 off a Silver Level membership with Salt Air Heating & Cooling
- 10% off your Business Group Outing or Reserved Picnic for the 2020 Season from Wilmington Sharks Baseball
- 6 Month Print Subscription to the Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 2 issues of WilmingtonBiz Magazine, plus FREE Book on Business (published each January) and 5 free articles/month at wilmingtonbiz.com – $40 value!Admission to Members Only Events
After your first year, renewal is only $25/year!
Do I have to be a certain age or work in a certain industry to become a member?
PCYP is open to all ages and professions, although you will find the majority of the group is ages 23-45. We certainly have attendees younger and older than that age range (including UNCW and CFCC students and many 65+) and anyone is welcome to attend!
Can I come to events if I am not a member?
The monthly networking socials held on the third Wednesday of each month are open to members and non-members alike! Official members are eligible to enter the “members only” raffle at these events.
PCYP also holds “Members Only” socials – these are typically free or discounted to PCYP Members. Non-members are welcome to attend with a ticket purchase.
What can I expect at my first PCYP event?
We’ve got you covered! Check out the rundown on our blog.
What do I say to people?
Here are some examples of great first questions to ask from our blog.
How do I join?
Join Here by completing payment and submitting the form with your contact information for your business listing.
The cost is $35 for year 1. For your convenience, your membership will automatically renew the following year at $25 (unless you notify us you would like to cancel your membership or cancel by clicking the receipt on your invoice).
Can I advertise with PCYP?
Absolutely! There are several opportunities to get your business in front of our audience of more than 10,000 professionals in the Greater Wilmington area.
- Host a monthly networking event
- Sponsor a monthly networking event
- Become a “Leadership Partner“
- Design a custom program (Contact Us)
For more information about any of these opportunities, please check out the hyperlinks!
How do I become a business sponsor or host?
If you’re interested in hosting or sponsoring one of our monthly networking events, please submit the form on this page and we will be in touch!
Can my Non-Profit Come Speak to Your Members?
PCYP gives back to the community by providing an audience of captivated and engaged professionals for your organization.
Local nonprofit organizations such as the Good Shepherd Center or Cape Fear CREW are featured at every PCYP event, where they announce volunteer opportunities and openings for boards and committees. Find out if a date is open by submitting this form.
Non-profits are also invited to post events and volunteer opportunities in the Port City Young Professionals Facebook Group.